Upskill in the areas that count
Receive training in a key area of self-managed super from Australia's top experts. Attend in-person or online and receive CPD points plus a detailed reference guide.
Mastering pensions in SMSFs
This session will dispel the myths & misunderstandings of SMSF pensions in this post-reform environment.
Working through examples and case studies we'll tackle the issues that practitioners find the most challenging, including:
- What needs to be reported and when it needs to be reported for a member with a TRIS
- What TBAR reporting error is being made for reversionary pensions
- Why it is so important to understand the ATO’s new approach for claiming ECPI when selling fund assets and importantly, how this new approach is applied
- Which pension strategies will maximise outcomes for members and what compliance paperwork is required
And for those with SMSFs paying legacy pensions, we will provide the options for restructuring these pensions for a better tax and estate planning outcome.
The new frontier of SMSF estate planning
With many estate plans now outdated due to recent super reforms, it’s important for practitioners to know what’s changed and to be able to give the right advice.
Working through examples and case studies we’ll explain:
- The obligations of an SMSF trustee upon the death of a member
- The options for paying a deceased member’s benefits and the restrictions under the reforms
- The effect of life insurance and whether it should be retained inside of superannuation
- An underutilised tax deduction that benefits next generation SMSF members
- Recent legal cases affecting estate planning for SMSF members and the lessons learnt
Our two latest masterclasses are held over a single day — one in the morning and one in the afternoon. You can register for one or both sessions.
Each masterclass begins with a general update covering any important SMSF developments, before diving into the speciality topic. Upon completion you will receive CPD points and a detailed reference guide.
Standard price per masterclass
$330 incl. GST
Save 10% on single masterclass — for clients only
When registering online enter the relevant promo code (refer to your invitation or phone 1300 023 170).
Save 16% on both masterclasses — available to anybody
Purchase both masterclasses for $550 (save $110). No promo code required — discount is automatically processed at checkout.
For your FAESA CPD requirements, each masterclass provides:
- 2 CPD hours in the category of Technical Competence
- 1 CPD hour in the category of Regulatory Compliance & Consumer Protection
For other professional bodies, CPD points/hours per masterclass are as follows.
|SMSF Association||3 CPD points^|
|Institute of Public Accountants||3 CPE hours*|
|Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand||3 CPE points*|
|Tax Practitioners Board||3 CPE hours*|
^ Points estimate based on previous masterclasses. Points for our 2019 masterclasses are yet to be confirmed.
* You should use your own professional judgement and assess whether our programme provides professionally relevant training and the appropriate number of CPD points or CPE hours. The above allocation assumes professionally relevant training and equates one hour of training with one CPD point or one CPE hour.