Upskill in a key area
SMSF Masterclass is designed to provide you with a high level of expertise in a key area of self-managed super. Ideal for practitioners and trustees alike.
Learn how to minimise death benefit tax
The recent super reforms have significant implications for estate planning. In some cases the tax impacts on death benefits – both at a fund and member level – could be profound.
What you'll learn in this masterclass
- How to structure benefits to minimize tax now – and when a member dies
- How to ensure superannuation benefits go to the right recipients
- How to manage the documentation to ensure compliance with a myriad of legislative requirements.
- How to structure death benefits to minimise tax
- Death benefits and the transfer balance cap – how to keep the maximum amount in the super system
- Dealing with insurance proceeds
- Who can receive a death benefit and in what form
- Who controls the fund on death
- Reversionary pensions vs binding death benefit nominations – which is best
- Documentation required to restructure the fund on death of a member
- As we get older should we have a SAF and not an SMSF
Ideal for anyone with a professional interest in self-managed super including:
- Practice support staff
|SMSF Association||Points will be available|
|Institute of Public Accountants||3 CPE hours*|
|Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand||3 CPE points*|
|Tax Practitioners Board||3 CPE hours*|
*You should use your own professional judgement and assess whether our programme provides professionally relevant training and the appropriate number of CPD points or CPE hours. The above allocation assumes professionally relevant training and equates one hour of training with one CPD point or one CPE hour.
$330 incl. GST
Client discount — 33% off
- Clients receive 33% off, reducing the cost to $220 incl. GST
- When registering online enter the relevant promo code
- Don't know the promo code? Refer to your invitation or phone 1300 023 170
Courses at a glance
Courses at a glance
SMSF In Practice
REFRESHER FOR PRACTITIONERS
Keep up-to-date with the latest industry and legislative developments.
UPSKILL IN A KEY AREA
Become expert in a key area of super. For practitioners and trustees alike.